The question has been popped, it’s a yes, and you’re looking forward to a life of wedded bliss. Congratulations!
But how long does it take to plan a wedding? If you’re not sure if you’ve left yourselves enough time to get everything done before the big day, this article should answer all of your questions.
Wedding planning takes less time than you might think, and it can also be a lot more fun too!
How Long Does it Take to Plan a Wedding?
The average time to plan a wedding is around 12 months.
It does depend on your situation though as there are lots of reasons why you might want to give yourselves more time.
And likewise, it’s totally possible to plan a wedding in 6 to 12 months (or even less!) without compromising on the things that are important to the two of you.
Here at Rowton Castle we’ve been helping couples do this exact thing for years with our fabulous Last Minute Wedding Package.
What is The Shortest Time Needed to Plan a Wedding?
It’s possible to plan a last minute wedding in under 3 months if you choose the right wedding venue.
It’s a huge decision, but getting the choice right sets the tone for the rest of your planning experience and the day itself.
When to Start Wedding Planning
The moment you get engaged, you’ll want to start thinking about dates and looking at wedding venues. We can’t blame you; it’s an exciting time!
Just make sure that you enjoy your engagement before you start making any firm plans. Exist in that little bubble for a short time and revel in the love.
Then, once you can’t wait any longer, jump in there and start planning your wedding!
Advantages of a Short Engagement
There are many reasons why you might want to have your wedding as soon as possible.
- Decisions can be easier – The longer you have to think, the more confusing it can become. A short engagement means you won’t have that problem.
- The fun part comes sooner – You don’t have to wait too long for your special day!
- You won’t get wedding burnout – Planning a wedding can be exhausting and the longer it goes on, the more tiring it can become. Having a short engagement cuts down on wedding planning time and the chance of burnout.
- The excitement sticks around – You’re still right in the middle of the most exciting part, and it will stick around right until the big day because it won’t have time to fade.
- You might not spend as much – Some wedding venues and vendors will offer last minute deals at a discounted price.
- Circumstances can change – You don’t know what your financial situation is going to be a few years from now. The same goes for family situations.
- You might keep putting it off – If you have a long engagement, you might put other things before the big day. Possibly because of financial reasons or other life events, and before you know it, years have passed.
Advantages of a Long Engagement
Let’s take a look at the reasons why it might suit you to stay in that engagement bubble for a little while longer.
- Better chance of securing your preferred vendors/dates – Wedding venues, photographers and other vendors all have waiting lists. The more notice you can give them, the better your chances of securing the ones you want, on the day that you want.
- You have more time to save – A long engagement means you can spread out saving over time, cutting financial stress.
- More planning time – The more time you have to plan, the more you’ll know what you want. You’re not going to make split second decisions.
- Less wedding stress – You should be less stressed if you’re not rushing around.
- You can prepare for married life – Don’t assume that your life is going to be totally the same after you get married; there is a slight mindset shift that comes after a wedding and more time gives you chance to prepare.
Embark on Your Wedding Journey with Rowton Castle
Whether you choose to have an exciting short engagement or would rather take your time to plan the perfect wedding day, remember that each path has its advantages.
At Rowton Castle, we’ve had the pleasure of helping thousands of couples get married for nearly 30 years, and we fully understand the significance of this special day. Our 17th century castle wedding venue offers an elegant and spacious setting for your celebration.
We’re here to help you every step of the way, allowing you both to focus on enjoying every moment of your wedding journey.